5 Tips For The Last 50 Days Of The Year
Start working on those healthy holistic habits you want to build now! Too often we succumb to the pressure of the ‘New Year, New Me’ mentality, only to fall flat on our faces 3 days later from unrealistic expectations. At JMT we reckon F$&k THAT! Let’s keep it simple, achievable and chip away at it inch by inch to ensure you go into the New Year by taking action in a meaningful, productive and consistent manner.
Here are 5 helpful tips to help declutter some of the end of year madness so you can free up your time and set yourself up for a sensational start to 2022.
1. Get organised and be prepared for the silly season that is soon to be upon us. Food prep, be conscious of your choices and opt for the healthier options, greens, lean proteins, real food. KNOW that you have a party or an event? Ditch the junk food, swap the spirits for the sparkling water, and eat a good meal before you leave to curb your cravings so that you don’t end up face first in the chips, dips and cheese platters.
2. Set aside one day a week to do those odd jobs that are niggling at the back of your mind. Clean out your wardrobes, scrub out the fridge, weed the gardens etc. Slowly chipping away at those mundane jobs we all love to hate each week. This will free up your time over the Christmas break so that you can do what you really want to be doing - relaxing and spending quality time with your people.
3. The silly season is also a social one. Heavily stacked social calendars can be overwhelming. Rather than cram everyone in at the last minute, consider reaching out to a friend or family member you haven’t seen in a while. Choose a new person each week. Send them a thoughtful text or give them a call and let them know they’re in your thoughts.
4. MOVE. Move a little each day, get up out of your desk chair and stretch. Take your runners to work and sneak in a walk on your lunch break, or better yet have your gym bag in the car and head straight to your training class before you find a reason not to. Exercise is a fantastic stress reliever and an excellent way to break up a busy week.
5. Read that book that’s been sitting by your bed untouched all year. Break it down so it’s manageable, 15mins a night or 15 pages, whatever comes first. Adjust accordingly. Can’t manage 15 mins/15pages? Make it 5 mins/ 5 pages. The introduction of a repetitious habit now is like flexing a muscle, start small, and just watch how that good habit converts itself into a good routine.
Inch by inch it’s a cinch, yard by yard it’s hard. It’s often the little consistent habits that create the biggest impact. Start today, sort and simplify your schedule to set yourself up for a smooth start to 2022!
Email us today to learn more about our FNYR challenge and how you can kick start your 2022 with confindence!
Jamie is one of the Sunshine Coast's respected, leading strength and conditioning coaches, and a reputable results-based force in the field of psychotherapy and self-development.